Town hall, Banska Stiavnica

The Town hall in Banska Stiavnica dates back to the 14th century, as the town of Banska Stiavnica is a pert belonging to the central sectors of Slovakia. It was a ground floor house that was constructed along the Gothic style and was known by the name of ‘Stuba Praetoriana’ or that of ‘Stuba Judicis’ way back in the past. The Town hall in Banska Stiavnica went though spells of modification and extension during the period that extended from 1507 and 1679, which was carried out along the lines of the Renaissance style.

Town hall, Banska Stiavnica

{mosgoogle} 

The Town hall in Banska Stiavnica dates back to the 14th century, as the town of Banska Stiavnica is a pert belonging to the central sectors of Slovakia. It was a ground floor house that was constructed along the Gothic style and was known by the name of ‘Stuba Praetoriana’ or that of ‘Stuba Judicis’ way back in the past. The Town hall in Banska Stiavnica went though spells of modification and extension during the period that extended from 1507 and 1679, which was carried out along the lines of the Renaissance style.

The Chapel related to St.

Anna had been a part of the building but was later demolished during the 18th century, and its place was taken over by a sculpture pertaining to Panna Maria. The Baroque appearance unveiled by the Town hall in Banska Stiavnica as of today was the handiwork of Pircker, Stiavnica’s master mason, which had been done during the years 1787-88. The town hall also had possessed a prison that was spotted at the basement of the hall.

Out of the seven legendary wonders pertaining to Stiavnica, two wonders are related to this town hall. One of the wonders is but the clock found on the tower that has swapped hands and another wonder is the entrance, which surprisingly is found at the back portion. The city of Banska Stiavnica that boasts of the historical past along with valuable possessions falls under the list pertaining to world cultural heritage that deserves protection.