St. Michael Chapel, Kosice

The Gothic Chapel of St. Michael Chapel found in Kosice, Slovakia was erected during the first half pertaining to the 14th century. The St. Michael Chapel in Kosice had been erected as a cemetery chapel that was located inside the town walls and in the palace pertaining to the present-day park spotted at Hlavna ulica. The lower part related to the St. Michael Chapel had been an ossarium during the initial phases, and the upper part of this chapel had donned the role of offices for that of the deceased.

St. Michael Chapel, Kosice

{mosgoogle} 

The Gothic Chapel of St. Michael Chapel found in Kosice, Slovakia was erected during the first half pertaining to the 14th century. The St. Michael Chapel in Kosice had been erected as a cemetery chapel that was located inside the town walls and in the palace pertaining to the present-day park spotted at Hlavna ulica. The lower part related to the St. Michael Chapel had been an ossarium during the initial phases, and the upper part of this chapel had donned the role of offices for that of the deceased.

The façade unveils Saint Michael, the patron of dead, trampling the devil, as the sides unveil the archangels Gabriel and Raphael. Also, at the interiors related to the St. Michael Chapel, one can spot the stone tabernacle as well as the ornamental sculpture related to Ecce Homo, and the interiors of the chapel also unveil paintings that belong to the Middle Ages.

The first of municipal coat of arms to be found in Europe gets spotted at the door that leads to the vestry. The chapel had served earlier as a Slovak church, and when rebuilding was done during 1902-1904, the northern aisle had been pulled down.

The bad conditions pertaining to the building resulted in the reconstruction carried out during the period 1998-2006, and Archbishop Monsignor Alojz Tkac had consecrated the reconstructed chapel in the year 2006.