Orthodox synagogue, Kosice

The Orthodox synagogue found in Kosice, Slovakia had been erected during the period that extended from 1926 to 1927. The Orthodox synagogue had been erected at the Puskinova Street spotted at the historic centre of Kosice. The Orthodox Jews had erected a representative synagogue that came with a seating capacity of 800, and with that of Talmud Torah School that had been headed by rabbis.

Orthodox synagogue, Kosice

{mosgoogle} 

The Orthodox synagogue found in Kosice, Slovakia had been erected during the period that extended from 1926 to 1927. The Orthodox synagogue had been erected at the Puskinova Street spotted at the historic centre of Kosice. The Orthodox Jews had erected a representative synagogue that came with a seating capacity of 800, and with that of Talmud Torah School that had been headed by rabbis.

The Orthodox synagogue was born out of the design from L’udovit Oelschlager, who was a Christian architect, and the synagogue had been built by Hugo Kabos. The Holocaust memorial plate in bronze that can be spotted at the frontals of the synagogue had been installed in the year 1992. It serves well to unveil information about 12,000 Jews who belonged to Kosice and who had been pulled into the concentration camps during the year 1944.

Though the Synagogue serves as the right source to throw light on the plight of Jewish residents during the World War II, it fails to mention about the horrendous situation of about 2000 Jews found in the surroundings of Kosice and who had been sent to horrendous concentration camps.

Kosice had been under the control of Hungary during the World War II, as Jews from this area had been transported to Nazi camps by Ladislav Csatari, who took to his heels after the war, but was caught in Canada after 50 years.