East Slovak Gallery, Kosice

Established in the year 1951, the East Slovak Gallery in Kosice had been the first regional gallery to be initiated in Slovakia. In the past, the building that looked like the Baroque-Classical palace had been erected during the year 1779 primarily to cater to the needs pertaining to the Abov comitatus council. The building had donned the role of the comitatus hall until the year 1928.

East Slovak Gallery, Kosice

{mosgoogle} 

Established in the year 1951, the East Slovak Gallery in Kosice had been the first regional gallery to be initiated in Slovakia. In the past, the building that looked like the Baroque-Classical palace had been erected during the year 1779 primarily to cater to the needs pertaining to the Abov comitatus council. The building had donned the role of the comitatus hall until the year 1928.

As when the building got erected during 1779, it was built along the lines of the design of the Viennese artist J.Langer. During the period extending from 1888 to 1889, the frontal section of the building had been modified, as two court wings were also annexed and the rear section underwent a reconstruction. The facade pertaining to the East Slovak Gallery in Kosice comes along with that of a coat-of-arms relief that dates back to the year 1558.

The first floor assemble hall at the East Slovak Gallery encompasses illusive arcades that  have been painted with that of  coat-of-arms related to the former Abov as well as Turnian zhupas.

The second building related to the Gallery sands at the heart of Kosice, and it had originally been a baroque building belonging to the 18th century. Later, it was modified during the 19th century falling in line with the design of the academic painter J Bencur.